HOW TO ORDER A PILOT
Pilots can be ordered directly by the vessel or by its designated agent.
VESSELS ARRIVING AT THE SEA BUOY REQUESTING PILOTAGE WITHOUT SUBMITTING AN ORIGINAL ETA (FORM) COULD BE DELAYED UP TO 6 HOURS.
- Pilot services shall be ordered for outbound or shifting vessels at least 2 hours in advance. Pilots can be ordered preliminarily by email email@example.com but the final order must be by phone (251) 432-2639.
- Vessels inbound to the Mobile Anchorage or requesting a pilot inbound on arrival from another Gulf port shall provide an ETA to the Bar Pilots upon the vessels outbound crossing the bar of the other Gulf port.
- Vessels inbound from ports outside the Gulf shall provide ETAs 48 hours in advance.
- If an ETA changes by more than 2 hours for vessels requesting a pilot on arrival, the Bar Pilots will be notified at least 6 hours prior to original ETA or the vessels arrival, whichever is earlier.
- A vessel or vessels agent can revise the original ETA as often as necessary, as long as the 6 hour rule is followed.
All ETAs and revised ETAs must be given in local (Central) time.
Revised ETAs may also be provided by phone & or email firstname.lastname@example.org to the Bar Pilots at (251) 432-2639.
The Mobile Bar Pilot Dispatcher will work with the Harbormaster to prioritize ship traffic with all pending ship movements into and out of the harbor. Before a pilot is dispatched, assurance must be given that appropriate dock space and essential services (such as tugs, line handlers and line boats) have been ordered by the agent. Frequent schedule changes should be expected and the Dispatcher will work to keep all parties advised of delays and/or suspension of operations.